How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently
You are tired and tired of using Meta’s social media network, namely Facebook. If so, then it’s a good idea to take a break from using the platform.
In addition to uninstalling mobile device applications, one way to distance yourself from social media is to delete your Facebook account.
Of course, before you start deleting, you must know that a deleted Facebook account cannot be restored or accessed.
In addition, all posts, likes, pictures, and photos that have been posted on these social media pages will be deleted from the platform.
If you feel you have an important photo or video and want to keep it, you can download all your personal information from Facebook.
The information contains all relevant data related to your account, including photos, active sessions, chat history, IP address, facial recognition data, ads that have been clicked, and some contact names.
Before proceeding to how to delete a Facebook account, the Tekno Liputan6.com team will explain how to download your information.
As summarized from The Verge, here is how to download your Facebook personal data via the web.
– Click the down arrow in the top right corner.
– Go to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
– In the left column, click Your Facebook Information.
– In the middle, find and click Download Your Information.
– You are now on the Downloads page. Select the information you want to download (or all of them).
– Near the top of the page, under Choose file option there is a drop-down list that allows you to create a date range (which is required to continue).
– Download your data in HTML or JSON, and choose between high, medium, or low media quality.
– When ready, look for the Request download button. You’ll get a notification via email when the file is ready, and it’ll be available for a few days.
After you have finished downloading your Facebook account personal data, we will continue with how to delete your account.
Last warning, after clicking Delete account then this is forever. OK, are you ready? Let’s move on.
Go back to the “Your Facebook Information” page and click “Deactivation and Deletion.”
On this page, you can choose between temporarily deactivating or permanently deleting your Facebook account.
If you want to delete it, select Delete account and then click Continue. You will get another chance to download data or choose deactivation over deletion.
You can also move information to other services, such as Google Photos, Google Docs, Dropbox, or Koofr (a photo storage site).
After clicking Delete account, your account will be marked for termination and cannot be accessed by other people using Facebook.
Please note, this deletion process will take a few days. You will receive information about this process via email notification.